When using the trial version, please remember that all created logins and stored data will be lost, upon the expiration of this trial! A single school code has been provided to us to create teacher accounts. It is: E2FA20684E8AA3E0
Training webinars are available at https://student.gototraining.com/1rq37/catalog/520829108662251008 If additional or customized training is needed, please let me know as other options may exist. Their promotional video is also available at http://info.eb.com/images/BOLSE%20Overview.wmv
We have the flexibility to migrate to the new web site anytime between now and the end of the school year. I would like to give everyone the opportunity to test drive it and attend an upcoming webinar and then schedule the migration when it is least disruptive to teachers and students.
If you have any questions or concerns on the new web site, migration, training, timing of transition, please contact us.
1. Open the Safety menu or Tools>Internet Options in the IE browser
2. Open “Browsing History DELETE”
3. UNCHECK “Preserve Favorites website data”
4. CHECK OFF the rest of the settings, specifically Temporary Internet files, Cookies, InPrivate Filtering data
5. Click DELETE button
6. Close all IE web browsers and launch a new IE window and try logging into EBSCOhost now via MARVEL.
If this does not work for your browser, please try using a different browser, like Firefox, Chrome or Safari. All are free to download and use on both Windows and Mac platforms.
If you need assistance with the above or you continue to have problems, please contact us online at http://libraries.maine.edu/mainedatabases/contact.asp.
Also, at EBSCO's request, an online survey has been created to assist them in collecting technical information that will potentially help them diagnose and resolve this issue. The survey is located at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DWYXMY5. All fields are optional.
Note: The issue applies to other EBSCO customers and is not specific to MARVEL.
- View a short 3 minute video on getting started with OneSearch
- Read the video transcript on getting started with OneSearch [Word, 28 KB]
search box and widget creation tool is now available to add to your library or school web site. The pre-existing HTML code snippets can still be used. In addition, more customized search widgets can be created using the online search creation tool at http://www.maineinfonet.net/summon/customize/.