URSUS help Topics
- Available: Item is available in stacks for check-out.
- Claimed Ret'd: Item is not in the stacks. Last borrower claimed returned. Library staff search before declaring lost.
- Missing: Item is not in the stacks or checked out. Library staff search before declaring lost.
- On Search: Item is not in the stacks or checked out. Library staff search before declaring lost.
- In Repair: Item is being mended.
- At Bindery: Item is at the bindery.
- Libr Use Only: Item may not be checked out.
- Billed: Item is overdue, patron has been billed for replacement.
- In Transit: Item is enroute to owning library.
- Lost: Item declared lost; under consideration for replacement.
- On Order: Item is on order.
- Storage: Check with a librarian.
- Paid: Patron has paid the item replacement charges.
- In Tech Services: Item is in technical services. Ask a librarian for help.
- On Display: Item is being used in library exhibit.
- In House Only: Item may not be checked out.
- Ask Librarian: Check with a librarian for further assistance.
- On HoldShelf: Item is on hold for another patron at circulation desk.
- Due [date]: Item is checked out and due back on date indicated.
- Ask Ref B/W Item is bound with another item. Reference librarian can check call number under which item may be located.
- Online Item is available from an Internet link when using URSUS via a web browser.
- Onsearch (IN) Item has been determined missing during inventory. Request from another URSUS library if available, or via Interlibrary Loan.
- 1 Hold Item has been requested and will be held for the patron when it is either returned or found.
- See Lib Info?
- Ask Mus of Art Ask librarian at the Umaine Museum of Art for assistance.
What does "location" in the online catalog mean?
All materials in the URSUS catalog are associated with a specific library and location within the library. When you search the catalog, a library code displays on the index browse screens opposite the author, title or term retrieved. These codes indicate which library owns a copy of the item. For example, the following title is held at the Fort Kent, Maine State, Orono, Presque Isle and Southern Maine libraries:
|American economic history||K,H.O,I,S|
Once you have retrieved a full citation, the library location of the item displays after the bibliographic description. For example,
|A||AUG||University of Maine at Augusta|
|B||BPL||Bangor Public Library|
|U||BCL||University College of the Community College of Maine|
|D||Dar||University of Maine, Ira C. Darling Center|
|E||Lew||Lewiston / Auburn College|
|F||Far||University of Maine at Farmington|
|H||MSL||Maine State Library|
|I||PI||University of Maine at Presque Isle|
|J||Leg||Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library|
|K||FK||University of Maine at Fort Kent|
|L||Law||University of Maine School of Law|
|M||Mac||University of Maine at Machias|
|O||Oro||University of Maine (Orono)|
|S||Por||University of Southern Maine (Portland)|
|S||Gor||University of Southern Maine (Gorham)|
URSUS may be searched by a variety of number schemes:
Library of Congress call number
Government document / Report number
Dewey / State / Canadian / EU document number
ISBN / ISSN number
Library of Congress Call Number Search: This call number scheme is used at University and college libraries. Enter all or part of the Library of Congress call number.
- PS 3515 E37 F6 1940
- PS 3515
Government document/Report number search: Choose this option to search for US Federal Documents.
- Y 4.C 73/7:S.HRG.105-910
- J 32 8 P 75 2
- PE 1.10:CS-2
Dewey / State / Canadian /EU document number search: Choose this option to search Dewey, Maine State and Canadian document call numbers at the Maine State Library, Bangor Public Library and University of Maine at Machias. This option may also be used to search for European Union documents at the University of Maine School of Law.
- 546.688 Sch 13a
- Can A77-13/
- St.Docs. A 70.5:P92/992
ISBN or ISSN search: Type the ISBN without punctuation. Type the ISSN with the hyphen or a space.
- 0361 526X
|Mariner | Help | Ask a Librarian | Telnet | Home| User Services | Featured Lists | Other Catalogs|
|©University of Maine System Libraries. All rights reserved.|